Contributions to Intellectual Property Forum are invited on intellectual property subjects and related issues dealing with commercial law, trade practices, licensing, innovation and technology transfer. Prospective contributors can contact our Editor at:
Editor, Intellectual Property Forum
Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc.
GPO Box 2491
Melbourne Victoria 3001 Australia
Telephone: (61 3) 9761 2833
By submitting material for publication in Intellectual Property Forum (“the Journal”), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Material submitted for publication in the Journal is peer reviewed and critically appraised by the Editor (having regard to the Editorial Policies) who retains absolute discretion as to whether or not the material should be published.
2. Contributors grant to the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand Inc. (“the Society”) a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to publish, reproduce and communicate their copyright material in the Journal and for services, including but not limited to, libraries and educational institutions, as approved by the Society from time to time.
3. The material is submitted by a contributor for publication on the basis that it has not been previously published and is an original work of the contributor.
4. The contributor is responsible for the accuracy of the material, including citations and references.
5. Contributors, in preparing material for publication in the Journal are required to have regard to the following guidelines:
(a) Articles written for the Journal are to be approximately 5,000-10,000 words (including endnotes), with endnotes at the end of the article.
(b) Reports written for the Journal are to be approximately 1,000-4,000 words (including endnotes), with endnotes at the end of the report.
(c) The following information must be included with the material:
the contributor’s name, title, contact details: address, telephone and e-mail details and a summary of the article or report (50-100 words).
(d) The material is to be supplied in electronic form and is to comply with the Journal’s Style Guide.
6. In consideration of the Society publishing the material in the Journal, the contributor agrees that any proceeds for such publication received by the Society may be retained by and vest in the Society.
Journal Issue Submission Dates
December 2023 before 1 November 2023
March 2024 before 1 February 2024
June 2024 before 1 May 2024
September 2024 before 1 August 2024
Should you wish to submit an article or report for consideration of publication in the Journal and agree to the Contributor’s Guidelines, click below.